Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Top Ten Iphone Apps for Neophytes


One million and still counting. Apple’s new Iphone is flying off the shelf just as fast as it can count.

I gave up my Blackberry for the new phone and I’m thrilled with everything my Iphone can do. The first step for me was to weed through the thousands of Iphone Apps and pick the best ones to download.

Here’s a list of the first 10 to call my Iphone home and they’re all FREE!

1. Pandora. Internet radio at its finest! Create your own playlists. Search an artists’ name and Pandora find other artists with similar music.
2. Google Search. Voice activated search.
3. Reqall. It’s a To Do list that is synchronized on every computer you use
4. Twitteriffic. Mobile Twittering.
5. Instapaper. Saves web articles for later perusing
6. Flashlight. Use the light on the screen to illuminate locks at night.
7. i.TV. Mobile Movie, DVD and TV Guide. It will also manage your Netflix list.
8. Evernote. Jot notes that can be synced on your other computers.
9. Wordpress. For blogging on the go.
10. BeamMe. Send your Vcard to anyone’s email or web phone.

Of course you’ll add other apps. And if you’re like me you’ll be up to 7 pages of apps in no time flat. No worries.. Apple will help you get personal with your Iphone. And believe me.. whatever your pleasure, need, desire or slightest whim.. there’s an app for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Donna, this top ten list is fantastic. Pandora is one of my favorite websites and I am so happy they have it for the iPhone too. Great picks, even more reasons to spend all my time on my iPhone. I found you through Twitter and am now following you, we are @toptentopten. You can post this to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/ and link back to your site. We are trying to create a directory for top ten lists where people can find your site. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.

    ReplyDelete